Home

Monday, September 27, 2010

crochet--my new thing

So crocheting is not really new to me, I've known how to do it since I was about 5.  I'm not sure who taught me, it was either my grandma or my cousin Angelica...or maybe it was both.  But this past summer I picked it up again...and I haven't quit yet!!! This is pretty big because I always start some project and quit half way through it.  Case in point-I have an afghan that I started 4 years ago that is only about a foot wide...I hated it, I got sick of looking at it, and I wanted to burn it...so I quit.  This summer, around the anniversary of my grandmas passing, I got nostalgic and I started in on it again...I still hated it so I stopped.  I did start something else though...I discovered amigurumi...and I'm in LOVE!!! This was my first attempt at amigurumi:
His name is Frankenbunny...and he's kinda scary.  I had to give him away because he was creepy.  And the person I gave him to had weird dreams about him...but I persevered! and I'm slightly better now! this is my latest project:
Kitty Octopus :) it was made especially for my friends daughter who absolutely loves the movie Coraline and LOVES this special gift that I made her. 

I'm so proud of what I've been able to create and I feel that even though it's not the type of crochet my grandma did it has brought me closer to her.  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment